Do you love General Tso’s chicken?
- Try mixing 2 tbsp. Walden Farms Honey BBQ sauce with 2 tbsp. Asian dressing. Pour it on… everything!
Coach Gin’s General Tso’s Chicken
- Add sesame seeds to chicken (1 tbsp. = one healthy fat) instead of the French Fried Onions to make it Sesame Chicken.
It’s easy to make low calorie peanut sauces for all your Asian inspired recipes, including a quick stir-fry.
- Mix Walden Farms Asian dressing (2 tbsp. per condiment) with Walden Farms Peanut Butter (2 tbsp. per condiment).
- Try 3 parts WF Peanut Butter to 1 part Asian dressing for an even richer flavor.
- Take PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and reconstitute it for your sauce. 2 tbsp. of powder can count towards your optional snack.
Shown is 3 tbsp. WF Peanut Butter with 1 tbsp. WF Asian dressing
I just love melting cream cheese and flavored Tofutti cream cheeses (non-dairy) to create luscious cream sauces that are on plan.
- Use 1 tbsp. low fat cream cheese (1 condiment = 1g carb or less per serving)
- Use 2 tbsp. Tofutti cream cheese for one healthy fat OR I tbsp. = 1 condiment (non-dairy). These cream cheeses come in different favors, which add more bang for your condiment buck.
- Walden Farms Alfredo sauce – 1/4 cup is a condiment. Acts to stretch the flavor out a long way. (non-dairy, calorie free)
- Parmesean cheese – low fat is 2 tbsp. per serving; regular fat is 1 tbsp. per serving
You can mix and match any combination of the above together to get your perfect cream sauce.
- Add your favorite low carb (under 5g per serving) tomato sauce to any combination of the above cream sauce, and 1/2 c. equals a green.
Peanut Shirataki Noodles with Leeks
Lean & Green
Sometimes you end up splitting your lean & your green. This is a great vegetable side dish that feels like a real meal.
Just prepare tofu shirataki noodles as usual, and sautee leeks with them. Add 2 tbsp Walden Farms peanut butter for one condiment.
Or mix and match the WF Peanut Butter and Asian dressing for one condiment (one tbsp each)
Or even add 2 tbsp PB2 or another brand like Jiffy equivalent of powdered peanut butter, with water to reconstitute to the consistency you want, which counts as your optional snack on the 5&1 and 4&2 plans.
A side dish that my guests gobble up and never know is “healthy” or “low calorie.”